The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing and strategizing contracts, internal audits under legal parameters for different organizational and employment related commitments and implement measures to identify and rectify deformities or abnormalities for standardization of processes as per local legislations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations including drafting, review and negotiations of all types of contracts (customer/vendor/employee etc) spanning across services, software licenses, equipment leases, banking, credit, treasury, acquisitions, various procurements for hardware, software and services, HR/employment and so on.
- Offering legal support to all teams and departments across organization’s worldwide entities for all complex contractual, employment, IPR and other issues requiring interpretation and guidance within the applicable contractual and legal parameters besides advising and strategizing on key pre-and post-litigation issues
- Coordinating with internal teams like IT Security, HR, Sales & Marketing, Procurement and others to manage complex issues pertaining to their areas
- Work together and assist the corporate governance and compliance team to ensure 100% compliance of local legislations as well as contracted commitments.
- Examining Domestic and International RFPs for different products and services, thereby mitigating risks pertaining to revenue recognition and other legal issues
- Performing legal audit for the contracts that organization has already entered into to identify and advise on mitigating organization’s legal risks
- Supporting in analyzing and drafting important organisational policies including sexual harassment, anti-bribery, whistle blower, IT security, protection and management of software and various other organisational and employment related issues
- Dentifying legal & business risks associated with contracts / agreements and taking pragmatic steps to address, resolve & mitigate the risks, which pose as a hurdle in agreement / contract closure thereby protecting company’s interest
- Interpreting contractual obligations & rights and evaluating technical problems for management reporting
- Manage various domestic / international RFPs from legal perspective
- Deal with clients and external consultants including law firms from Europe, USA, Australia, Middle East, APAC on various issues
- Actively coordinate on legal aspects of incorporation of subsidiaries in Europe, USA, Australia, Middle East, APAC
- Implement measures to identify and rectify deformities or abnormalities like lack of standardization of geo specific and service specific templates.
- Streamlining processes through measures such as implementation of authority & deviation matrix.
- Good knowledge of various compliances under Companies Act and other corporate laws including but not limited Foreign Direct Investments, Foreign Companies Establishments in India, Company Secretarial matters , FCRA Advisory and issues , SEBI Laws and Corporate Laws, Company Laws, OSP Registrations , Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring, Opinion on Business Structures and Business Models, Drafting of agreements and Contracts, Legal Business Structuring, International Taxation, Cross border transactions, Due Diligence, Legal Opinions
- Continuously keep oneself and the management updated of changes or revisions in global and local laws and regulations that impact the company in any way
- Preferably Master’s degree from an accredited university or Graduate with relevant experience.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in including drafting, review and negotiation.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge of various compliances under company’s act and other corporate laws
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of latest technology trends
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes
- Excellent social & interpersonal skills
- Flexible to travel and deal with clients and external consultants (Domestic & International)
- Integrity and sincerity
- Excellent communication
- Think & Act smart
- Proactive: Takes initiative
- Out of box thinker
- Attention to detail
- Building Partnerships
- Building trust
- Decision making
- Managing Conflict
- Teamwork & Collaboration