The job incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise in infrastructure, optimizing business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs as per the client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously work on conceptualizing, design, development and delivery of cutting edge and innovative IT infrastructure solutions as per the customer needs, market and technology trends.
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of various infrastructure products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- Provide technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas with extensive experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Analyzes system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet customer needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, security, storage requirements, and networking protocols.
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestion
- Provide winning solutions as part of the pre-sales process including responding to formal or informal Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) from existing and prospective clients.
- Ability to handle pre-sales queries for all technical support opportunities
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Linux, Microsoft, VMware
- Flexible to travel to client locations when needed.
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Technical Architect
- 10+ or more years of IT implementation experience
- Hands on Experience in deploying and managing hardware – DELL, HPE, IBM, Netapp, Sun, Cisco and other brands.
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. VMware)
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Physical and Virtual hardware sizing.
Skills and Abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical Skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good Excel skills
- Communication Skills
- Integrity and sincerity
- Excellent communication
- Think & Act smart
- Proactive: Takes initiative
- Out of box thinker
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Team leader / Ability to build high performing teams
- Building Partnerships
- Building trust
- Customer Focus
- Decision making
- Managing Conflict
- Team work and Collaboration
- Business acumen
- Mentoring & Coaching